PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 7th Sep 2013, 06:45
llamaman

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Only if you never fly near a power limit does controlling height always with the collective, work, and even then it can increase the workload significantly as I explained in my "ILS students" post.

I fully appreciate I'm never going to break you from your military indoctrination via Prune, it'll have to wait until you get a proper job.
I'm not quite sure what HC means with these comments. It would be an unusual scenario to see one flying near a power limit during a descent on an instrument approach. There are pros/cons to both techniques of flying an approach suffice to say that a modern 4-axis AP will take care of things much more accurately than your average line pilot!

The last comment smacks of a chip on the shoulder, military pilots are no more or less indoctrinated than their civilian counterparts. There seems to be a small contingent within these forums desperate to drag everything back to a military v civilian bitchfest, a shame as this only serves as a petty sideshow to some really thought-provoking posts.