PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2013, 00:46
Mr-P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@EcamSurprise

Thanks for the info.

Ah ok so anyone with approx just under 3 years service give or take should be eligible to begin the command process. Accepting the fact that there isn't a seniority system I take it that there is one when you're signed up for this process or is it still a free for all (clearly not union friendly if so)?

I've read that expect in recent times a min of 6-7 years for newcomers for command, that means that following your information and believing that most likely 99.999999% of FO's will sign up for the command program once eligible the experienced guys that join now will in fact have closer to a 3-4 year wait and not a 2 year wait as previously reported?

@GEKO & EcamSurprise

I therefore guess that at least half if not all of the 120 guys (seeing as they all need to start over the next 10 months) ready for the command upgrade have their course dates and are all good to go?? Maybe someone over a hundred on the list might like to confirm that on here. Excuse my sceptism but I've worked for a few companies and all of them hugely over inflate themselves in company wide newsletters after all who wants the hear that in fact there are only going to be 50 upgrades next year!

I'm also still waiting to hear from someone who can mathematically explain how all this expansion is going to happen? There are clearly plenty of people on here that give eJ a glowing report and therefore they must have an exceptionally good retention rate, much less attrition rate than 3% is my guess. As far as I can tell less than 10 airframes due over the next 16 months.

At around 5 crews per airframe and say an attrition rate of 2% from say 2200 pilots that's equates to 144 additional crew max for 16 months giving an annualized rate of 108, far short of the 250 previously mentioned.

Just to explain, I'm actually a backseat supporter of eJ and believe that overall they are most likely one of the better employers however to me the Maths that are being mentioned by supporters (i.e. employees) simply don't add up so please someone explain it to me.... Support your company by all means and I'm all for that but don't simply say things to big up your company, some people here are trying to make exceptionally crucial decisions so real facts are what's needed not "my dad is bigger than your dad" comments.

Although taking it with a pinch of salt only a fool would completely ignore the recent report from RYR. As much as I believe eJ is by far the better service provider, and therefore better placed, it doesn't mean they are immune to similar results. Someone loading themselves up with debt for a temporary contract will be a life changing decision but could go either way.