PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I take the money?
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2003, 15:54
Flyin'Dutch'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During my neurology training I was told never to miss out the question: Is this complaint a result of an accident and are there any outstanding claims.

The referral form for the local orthopedic surgeons contains the question whether there is an outstanding legal claim.

From my daily experience it seems that self employed folk suffer a lot less incidents for which compensation can be claimed.

The vast majority of people seeking claims for medical negligence have legal aid.

As far as I am aware there is no evidence to link whiplash injuries to neck problems later in life.

Best one so far was from a person needing help with their vehicle and walking uninvited into a workshop to ask for some help, after the help had been given (ISTR a tool) walked out of said workshop and slipped on a slippery patch and was claiming compensation for the fall the person had. How many times do you think the workshop is going to be helpful in the future.......Indeed.

I have no problem with people claiming and getting compensation if they have the misfortune of coming to harm due to no fault of their own.

The world seems to be going crazy at the moment though, we'll soon only be able to sit on the sofa, wrapped in tinfoil.

FD