PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2013, 19:32
Mr-P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats simply not true. 70 commands this year 120 next year. ( trust me i know) anyone joining with experience is well place as theres no seniority system.
Interesting, how do you know there will be 120 commands next year? My guess would be that no one in eJ knows exactly how many there will be next year as nobody knows what the market conditions will be like next year. You also state that there is no seniority system which may be true however I would think there are plenty of SFO's already in eJ that are a known quantity and have good experience so is another additional 1-2000 hours of a newcomer really going to jump ahead of someone who has been with them for 5+ years and has reasonable experience of their own?? Sure they most likely would be ahead of all the cadets and perhaps FO's but SFO's? Maybe they will, I'm just posing the question. Not sure how they can have a good relationship with the union if that really was the case.

3-5% growth PA, record profits, good union relations, 250 pilots PA for the next few years. commanders on a minimum of 100k - much more all in.
Again I'm only posing a question. You mention 3-5% growth, 250 pilots per year and you clearly believe that eJ is a fantastic place so attrition should be mighty low. I've read that attrition in the airlines can be around 3%, with eJ being so wonderful let's say 2%. Add the growth top end of growth of 5% gives 7% requirement per year. If 250 pilots is 7% then eJ must have around 3500+ pilots!! I thought the number was a little over 2100, which goes together with the 4-5 crews per a/c. Where do your numbers come from or am I mis-understanding something? Also where are the new a/c coming from to allow this growth, I thought the current order book was almost complete apart from a few airframes with the next batch of a/c due to start arriving from 2015 which is 35 a/c over 3 years, all before the big NEO order start arriving (which no doubt will be delayed).