PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2013, 17:39
SusanBoyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure Ashling, agree with all that. Fact is though, at the assessment day, we were told that there would be permanent positions offered, and that SFO would be offered on a "performance" basis. Now, clearly I don't have the exact details of my assessment, but I was led to believe I'd done rather well...

Would I accept a base change for command? Hell yeah! Am I prepared to put everyhting I currently have at risk for half my current salary, on a non permanent job, with no assurances of anything, nevermind command? Nope. I suspect that in your day, you joined an airline as I did, and expected to get a command in the time frame you expected-which by all accounts you did. Let me ask you this though, if for some reason you weren't a Captain now, had served more than the time expected for command, probably weren't going to get a command for another 5-10 years, but had a secure job, would you expect to apply for a position that was OPENLY targeted towards experienced pilots, and then discover that they instead were going to try and recruit you on cadet terms?

Also understand, that you cannot be considered for command in easy until you are a permanent SFO. If there are no assurances as to when this happens, your time to command is extended by an indeterminable amount.

Too many things up in the air...SFO should be the least an experienced (truly experienced) pilot should expect. Anything else is an insult imo.

Right, I've debated this enough, but I wish all those concerned the very best, and if I am fortunate enough to be surprised by easyjet, then I will look forward to operating with you...

Susan (off to wash my nuts).