PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Find me a School?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2013, 15:29
PigeonVoyageur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About that school in Saudi Arabia, as you say, it's too good to be true. I'm attaching a list below which can get you started on your search - mind you, it's not exhaustive and I could have missed a few good ones. Most of them have had good reviews on Pprune, so if you do a search for these posts, you should have a fairly good idea. I've included the 3 most expensive also, but you pay a lot for the same kind of training that you'll get elsewhere. I did quite a bit of research myself to find a school for my son, and I can tell you it's a very worthwhile exercise. Good luck in your search.

Belgium
=======
Belgian Flying School

France
======
ESMA (teaching is in english)
Aeropyrenees (teaching is in french)

Ireland
=======
National Flight Centre
Atlantic Flight Training Academy

Poland
======
Bartolini Air

Uk
==
Oxford Aviation Academy (very expensive)
CTC Wings (very expensive)
Flying Time Aviation
Multiflight
Stapleford
PAT Bournemouth
Airways Flight Training Exeter

Spain
=====
FTE Jerez (very expensive)

PS: I forgot to mention that the above list (except for Aeropyrenees) include schools whose medium of teaching is English. If you master another language (e.g. Dutch or German), you can look for a good school in these areas also.

I understand that you are looking for not too expensive schools, but I've included the expensive ones so that you can compare the costs. You will find that the Eastern European schools are much much cheaper than the Western ones because of cost of living there, but make sure that the school (wherever it may be) quotes you for everything - or explicitly mentions that this and that item is excluded from the quoted price - or else you might find additional bills coming out further down your training.

To be able to assess this effectively, you must understand all the modules involved to get to the CPL (and MCC and ATPL if required), and the various costs associated with these modules. That's why when you ask for quotes from different schools and analyse them, you will see that some schools give very detailed quotes and others not so, and you become a bit wiser and your eyes open up and you then try to read the small print to find out if there are any hidden costs. And don't get lured by schools that tell you that they'll get you a job afterwards.

Last edited by PigeonVoyageur; 7th Sep 2013 at 05:16.