PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Find me a School?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2013, 10:51
_nova_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tips and pointers!

Hey, looking to start my pilot education in the near future and been going over some schools. I've recently registered to this site, but i've been here as a silent reader for quite some time now.

I live in Norway and we do have an excellent flight school programe here, but it costs more than 150 000$, so i'm looking to find something cheaper, and by that i don't mean free. I'm fully aware that cheaper isn't better, but i know i could save some money going abroad as Norways is, in fact, one of the most expensive countries in the world -.-'

I've been looking into their partner school in Daytona, PEA( Phoenix East Aviation) which seems like a good and secure school who offers great training facilities, new aircrafts and experienced instructors. They also offer you a job as an instructor to collect flight hours upon completion of the programe. Norwegian students gets a visa for 2 years, so the faster you're done the more you can work. Now the downside is the conversionpart from FAA to JAR which is kinda expensive, so i'm exploring some alternatives.

I stumbled upon Adria Airways own flight school in Slovenia which also seems to be a great school and i've had some contact with their CEO and it seems like a great school that's not to expensive. Now i don't have any other info but the one he gave me, so i'm not quite sure.

I've also talked to some pilots about a school in Saudi Arabia that would guarantee you 1500 hours (!!) as a FO on an Airbus A320/319(!!) which also seems to good to be true!

Now it's not that important that you have info on one of these schools, but if you do have any info or recomendations on other flight schools anywhere in the world that would be great! Please share!

Europe would be great because of the fact that i actually work as a flight attendant for Scandinavian Airlines, so i could easily work anywhere and travel home and do some work a cuople times a year just to have some income while i'm doing my flight training, but it's not a major factor!

Thanks agaiN!