PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - “They’d all be walking, talking and alive if they went around”...
Old 6th Sep 2013, 08:45
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am interested in the view expressed in the article that some rules are so rigid that airlines do not enforce them. That may be the case in the States, although I am surprised to hear it, but it is absolutely not the case in Europe. With the notable exception of Air France who have a safety culture and record that is an embarrassment to modern aviation, I cannot think of any Western European airline where that would apply. I work for easyJet, one of two large low cost companies there, and I can promise you that the rules are rigidly applied. If you break the stabilized approach criteria and continue to land you will have a personal interview with someone very important and probably have remedial training. If you do it a second time, your chances of keeping your job are very slim indeed. Everyone knows the score and there is absolutely no turning of blind eyes when the rules are broken. May I humbly suggest, that is how it should be?