PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 7192 D3
Thread: 7192 D3
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2003, 13:08
no sig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FEBA, thanks for the support and the suggestion which I will bring to the attention of the College and may I ask you to do also.

Frankly, and I've said it many times, but I'll say it again, the requirements of 7192 require robust study. The syllabus is defined by ICAO not the College, however, 7192 is not the study material - it is only the syllabus and there is inevitably a degree of subjective analysis required to determine how much in depth a course needs to go to ensure the student understands the learning objects of the course.

For example, and I quote;

7192 D3-29 5.7 Buffet Boundary speed limitations

Standard of accomplishment required

'Effects of low and high speed buffet for a wide range of, mass, altitudes and normal accelerations must be thoroughly understood and the trainee must be able to determine the speeds at which buffets are encountered'

So, the task we set the College, with the support of the UKOMA group, was to tailor their study materials to meet 7192 course, and this next point is important, in a 'distance learning environment'. I know this material can be successfully studied by distance learning, ask a few ATPL's who more likely as not, did the course this way. But it does require dedication. The source materials the GCNS ICAO FOO course are the same materials they use for their ATPL course, which holds JAA approval.

Now, there have been problems with the pagination etc. and errors and rightly some may be indignant and disappointed. But, hold off lets see what we can do with the College to address these issues and get the course back on track.

Please read carefully my previous explanations about the first modules, (and remember these are only the first modules not the whole course) and the depth of content; perhaps too much in a few areas I acknowledge, but over all these first modules are not far off the mark, don't take my word for, read 7192 cover to cover with someone who has an appreciable technical knowledge and ask what study material you will need to study to meet the standards of accomplishment set by the ICAO syllabus.

The standard has been set by the CAA/JAA, we've have a College who's prepared to support our industry, and we have industry input to the course from the UKOMA group. You out there have a brighter and more rewarding future in airline ops if this course find favours and is adopted and you take the time to gain the certification from an accedited establishment.

Your concerns have been heard, now give it some time, but keep this alive within your airlines.