PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etl vs transverse flow
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2013, 00:10
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clearly understanding this must not matter...

" " !! why are you so rude?

"and your point is?" ..... simply that you are wrong ()

You say: "R22 has a pull-operated counter balance weight arrangement to relieve the lateral forces in the cruise due to inflow roll" But no, it is D o Lift which requires the stick to be displaced further forward - holding the stick in a more forward position causes a higher pitch on the retreating side. The place where that pitch is being increased to achieve that is at the front, the pitch link which relates to the blade at the front is on the left hand side and it is there that the upward force must be made - requiring a FORCE to the right - and THAT is what the trim is helping with.

You also said: ".....countered with more FORWARD cyclic (right swashplate movement)."
That is also incorrect : forward stick tilts the swashplate forwards.

and as for: "No, stick displacement is the amount you have to move it - stick force is the effort required to hold it there - "
the point about that is that I take it that you believe both displacement and force would be in the same direction - but t'aint necessarily so: holding the stick in a more forward position may require a force to the right - ie not in the direction of the displacement.

I am not rude to you and I would prefer if you were not so rude to me.