PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2013, 23:12
004wercras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High tea indeed!

Considering Herr Collins, FF and Lockhart have popped up again, for those who may have short memories I thought the following might be worth pondering over a cup of high tea;

2005 ? Lockhart River [LHR] Metro | Assistance to the Aviation Industry

From Phelans article linked above;
Numerous submissions on the company’s behalf challenged the decision, in particular information put forward by aviation consultant Robert Collins. Mr Collins was formerly a pilot with Transair’s parent company Lessbrook, who joined CASA’s predecessor in 1990 and was its Group General Manager, General Aviation Operations at the time of the Lockhart River accident. However Mr Collins asserts that: “Transair was solely the responsibility of the Brisbane Airline Office and not the National or any local GA Office.” He retired on 29 September 2006, but later appeared as an advisor to CASA during the subsequent Coroner’s inquest.
In his consultancy role Mr Collins had since conducted various audits of Trans Air’s operations including a “review of safety and management systems” in March 2009, and his favourable reports, offered in support of Trans Air’s application, were accepted with voluble praise by the Tribunal, who concluded:
“The Tribunal sets aside the decision under review and remits the matter to the respondent for reconsideration in accordance with a direction that a Foreign Aircraft Air Operator’s Certificate be issued to the applicant subject to the conditions ordinarily imposed by the respondent upon certificates of that type."
Hmmmm. I can still smell something in the air that smells like sh#t........
I find it intriguing that Transair came under Brisbane's oversight, that may be true, but Cairns inspectors had carried out surveillance on Transair, strange thing to do if Brisbane is the primary oversight office?
Kharon, I can only assume that any media story will be released. A given Friday at 1659 PM? One can only hope it is CH 7, those ills of media society who have been chipping away at Fort Fumble through the FOI process for several years now

Last edited by 004wercras; 5th Sep 2013 at 23:18.