PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ten Most Annoying Things About Airports
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2013, 22:01
peakcrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually like most of the airports I've been to, and can't think of anything uniquely awful that I don't detest anywhere else, such as ridiculous markup on food that isn't actually very good because they have a captive audience (just like motorway services).*

I don't like the whole security theatre aspect of getting in to the departure lounge, but the whole country has the same problem.

I'm embarrassed by the way immigrants are dealt with on the way into the country, but again, the politicians are making sure that is a day-to-day occurrence wherever they are.

However, UK airports are better than some others in Europe. For instance, flying from Prague the other day, I witnessed passport control officers laughing to each other about a foreigner having the the courtesy to try to say hello and thank you to them in Czech, which they found hilarious because of the "funny accent", and two police officers making sexual and racist comments about female passengers to each other. I'm not likely to hear that at a British airport.

*Note that I don't count the excellent healthy-eating outlet ("Eat", maybe?) at EDI that I found the other day. Great food, half the price of the others.

Last edited by peakcrew; 5th Sep 2013 at 22:03.