PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why don't we buy a Mossie for the BBMF?
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2013, 16:58
F4TCT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I rather have the bbmf than the reds any day, although having been amongst a red sortie, they do actually care and want to be the best. I see enough leeming hawks and Linton tucanos over my house most days of the week,so the reds get a bit tedious.

A bbmf mossie would be great, but being a simpleton, does it matter what bloody glue has been used? Have the wings fallen off so far - no. Lets not forget, the latest airliners suffer from 'issues', yet these have been passed to fly within our country....

What benefit is it to the CAA to be so picky over things?

Don't the bbmf have enough spitfires? Including a 2seater which I've never seen fly?

More over, why do they give aircraft to companies who dismantle it to every nut and bolt to inspect it etc? This must cost huge sums, why can't the bbmf do it themselves.

Get rid of a few spitfires and fund a mossie, not asif they seem to fly them all.

Next point, RAF Scampton, home of the reds. From my last visit there, the reds seem to be on the only tenants -why?

Why can't they move elsewhere to a base will full time ATC, and sell Scampton. It's just had a new runway?...

Like I say, a simpleton talking here, please correct me...

Dan