PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final report on CX780 accident published
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2013, 15:44
ExRR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sqwak7700

I'm curious as to the lack of any consideration or discussion in the report of the decision (however right or wrong) to have continued the flight to destination with faults showing on engines and one engine ineffective relatively early in the flight.
I'm curious about your lack of reading skills. Obviously you did not read the report, as those questions are addressed several times in the report.

Troll much?
Thank you for your concern. Well my reading skills aren't what they used to be when I worked on the design of the RB211 forty odd years ago, and I'm not trolling.

It's a long report, I've not read every word. I see the first maintenance engineer gave advice and based on that the crew made the decision to continue. By the time ME2 was involved VHHH was clearly the only possibility. I still haven't found any discussion - just a one liner "reasonable". Maybe no more needs to be said.

Much trust in one engine flying. Pleased to have been involved in the early stages of design of such a reliable power plant. However, for right or for wrong I would have been very tempted to head straight for Singapore. In hindsight the decision to continue to destination proved to be problematic. Maybe I'm being oversensitive living just a stone's throw from Kegworth.