PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 5th Sep 2013, 13:54
dmanton300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HeliComparator
But presumably, since you didn't comment on it, you are quite happy for police time to be taken up with putting sensationalist and trivial news on their facebook page, and infringing some else's privacy in so doing?

Of course 100% of reported crime can't be investigated, but less than 50% seems very low to me.
Of course not, the upper echelons of the police service are staffed with just as many idiots as anywhere else, all greasy pole climbing back stabbing self interested book smart street stupid arses looking to their next promotion board. Some inspector or chief inspector will have decided that this will look good in their PDP and so had it written, probably with a layer or two of insulation should it go wrong and he needs someone to blame later on. All of which martially explains why I resigned last Christmas and am now back building helicopters and much happier for it!

Like I said, that 50% is a manipulated statistic. Due to poorly trained call takers who these days can generate a crime number with a mouse click, probably 20% of recorded crimes should never have been recorded in the first place, but are because of a lack of knowledge. They then get passed to a bobby to go on top of his teetering in tray, he takes one look and realises the error, but by now the crime has been generated. YOu get it reclassified as a no-crime, but even a no crime remains on the books as a no crime crime (if you get my drift!), it doesn't just go away. Very very few actual crimes will have no investigation whatsoever, most will have the bare minimum to establish that all leads have been followed and there's nothing else to do. But many people don't want to accept this basic truth.

I'm glad to be out of it!