PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Load and Trimsheet Question
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2013, 13:12
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, Keith, the question was about RTOW not RTOM to avoid further confusion.

Are you saying that EASA does not recognise/define/acknowledge RTOW/M? That an ATPL does not need to know what it is? If so, Lord help us all. If you are not slightly puzzled by the question "Is it the MTOW for aircraft or the RTOW as computed, even if RTOW value is greater than aircraft Maximum Structural Takeoff Weight." and the apparent lack of understanding of 'Regulated/Regulatory' (take your pick) for an ATPL, operating Airbus, then I am amazed. Don't you ever get the feeling that the question gives away more than it asks?

As for putting questions in the 'right pigeon hole', Keith, I would suggest that an ATPL should not need to visit this particular 'professional pilots' hole with a question like that, especially since the term would have appeared on every load sheet he/she has seen?

And finally, as for helping people to learn - that is what the ATPL course is for?

Finally finally, why not answer it yourself here if you feel the need?

"Enthusiasts, please use the 'Spectators Balcony' forum." There I am sure someone would have happily explained aircraft performance to this ATPL.