PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Obtaining a US Airman's Certificate
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2001, 18:40
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't need my log book, but I can't see it does any harm to take it with in case. The flight school you're hiring from will certainly want to see it, anyway, even if the FSDO doesn't.

As for making appointments, seeing designated examiners at home, etc. this seems to vary from state to state. In Arizona, the only way of getting the license is to see a designated examiner at home. If you go to the FSDO in Scottsdale, all they'll do is give you a list of phone numbers. Speak to your flying school, or the FSDO, to find out.

Thanks to everyone who's answered my quesions, either here or by e-mail. I'm still getting contradictory advice from different people, but the general consencus seems to be that the night restriction can be removed, and that complex endorsements can be added. And the school I'm renting from now agrees with this, too, which is a bonus! However, because I am still getting some advice to the contrary (e.g. englishal who says that night restrictions can not be lifted) I will check in the FAA AIM as soon as I get the chance, for the definitive answer, and will post references!

FFF
--------