PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KTEB
Thread: KTEB
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2013, 23:23
FerrypilotDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luckily I was alone on these two flights, but.....

It is amazing how customs expect you to read minds, isnīt it? I landed up in Canada and the customs office was pitch black, no one was about and I walked to the FBO and he called customs for me.

That guy gave me a bucket-load of crap for getting out of the airplane.

So 3 weeks later, I landed at St Thomas. Sat in the airplane and watched three customs agents in the building, standing at the door and watching my airplane for 35 minutes!!!!! Finally, I got out, went over to the building and THEY chewed me out for not coming into the building! With drawn guns and flashlights, they came out to the aircraft, all three....spent 10 minutes shining lights from the outside to the interior, trying to figure out, why I hadnīt come in. Then the one says "How does this door open?" I started to walk over to his side and was told to stop right there! Just tell me how to open it...... good grief......

I told them why I had stayed inside and then they relaxed and made a joke about it later. But how is one supposed to know their local wants and desires?

....all part of the daily challenge! I will certainly remember in KTEB now! Thanks!