PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2013, 20:58
sk8erboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt Thunder/Mike Honcho

Don't be mistaken about the tax/social security situation. In post 1010 it looks as though you think that the CTC pay is tax paid. It isn't. The difference is CTC are paying the employers National Insurance contribution. that is all. Which they should always have done anyway. Any pay will still be subject to income tax.

Ashling you are talking about something completely different. This offer is far far more insulting than what you joined on. On my interview day there was an RAF chap, many thousands of hours on heavy transport. Without wanting to give too much away to identify him there were other aspects to his CV which were outstanding. Civvy licences in place, with time on large Airbus on his civvy licence. What did he get offered? Yep, CTC.

All the EZY defenders are well entitled to sit and think it's the best job in the world. their prerogative. There are many who disagree. Lets face it, if BA were ever to stoop this low, which they obviously won't, people would probably still join, given it's a proper career airline. What is the future going to hold once this intake are all ready for the LHS. See Lisbon. If EZY really were committed to T&C's why are they doing so badly there?

One also wonders about the motives of existing FO's. A large amount of experienced people joining, with a lot of command experience wouldn't bode well for their command prospects.

I'm trying to spot the difference between this and Ryanair. Right now I can't.

Good luck to everyone still in the mix. Those borrowing money be careful. That's if a bank will even lend on such a flimsy deal. I only wish I hadn't been in the first wave. I could have saved a few days of my life I'll never see again, for the sake of a PR exercise. They don't want experience. they want cheap.