PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA faces lawsuit over pilot's behaviour
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2013, 17:42
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seeing as I suspect BA crews aren't the only ones helping out at orphanages downroute you'd better demand all airlines put in place suitable vetting...and you need to be aware that by doing so you'd kill of a lot of the practical help that the establishments currently get from airline crew members. IMHO rather than introducing vetting I suspect if pushed BA and other airlines will simply try to ban crewmembers from doing all such work downroute.
Uk law will NOT allow anybody work with kids in UK unless they have CRB checks done.

Walking class of kids from school to swimming pool along with teachers requires any mum or dad to get a CRB check done, if kids are at 2 different schools then you required to get it done for both schools plus aiding scouts plus football clubs etc all require individual checks.

Fact is BA knew a member of its staff who was arrested and charged previously in relation to a child abuse allegation was present with other members of staff on a reported event. BA has its own media watch team that would have had details of who was involved in 2002. BA did not disassociate itself with 2002 activity it appears.

BA staff who volunteer to help in UK for school activities (and there are many thousands of BA staff doing this ) have to obtain CRB checks in advance but somehow requiring members of its staff to have the checks done when they volunteering overseas would stop the volunteering ? Doubt it very much.

Frankly the BA staff I have spoken to in the last week would welcome checks because it is their names that is getting tarnished and they want scumbags like this weeded out.