PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - are 3000 jet hours not enough for interview?
Old 4th Sep 2013, 16:05
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clam

You keep asking where all the P2F jobs are and that because there doesn't currently appear to be many of them that somehow they do not affect the industry.

You need to rewind a little, Ryanair have been making people pay €20,000 odd for ratings, basically buying a job, which then in turn has such low T&Cs that those people will pretty much do whatever they are told because they need a salary, check out the Ryanair threads, and I fear people in those situations are bringing about unsafe situations because they don't have the strength of character or job security to say NO when they feel things unsafe.

That's a direct result of P2F or buying a rating.

Also the CTC scheme was the same, buy a rating, but then no operator would take you with no time on type, the thinking was then, I'm already in for 20k, I might as well buy the 500 hours of line training otherwise the type rating is lost.

You say people are desperate for the jobs and they deserve a chance and shouldn't be criticised for paying, that's not how a job works, a job pays you and if that job requires training, the operator will train you, by all means bond the individual to protect that investment, but there is no defence for buying a rating or hours other than you want to buy an advantage, that's it pure and simple.

If no one did it, it would die out, but because of all the deluded reasons you convince yourself as good and relevant for doing P2F, it will never stop.

How many doctors or lawyers or dentists pay for a position with a company after they have qualified, why are pilots any different? Its simply because people want to leap frog others and are prepared to pay to do so.

It is nothing short of a disgrace and P2F has destroyed T&Cs and changed operators opinions and business models of what a pilot is, it used to be someone who primarily flew the plane, now they are considered firstly as a way for the operator to make money from.

Pat yourself on the back for that!

Last edited by south coast; 4th Sep 2013 at 18:05.