PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2013, 15:29
SR71

Mach 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EcamSurprise,

You wrote

However, had no action been taken, you and all the others wouldn't have had ANY opportunity and all the places would have gone to CAE & CTC cadets, as before.
but on Page 2 of this thread, in response to a question about why EZY are recruiting "experienced" pilots, this was written:

Three reasons probably.
1) Rumour has it the insurers are getting a bit nervous about the experience level.
2) Cost was a big issue. eJ could bypass the old "expensive" contract with flexicrew - they got ultimate flexibility and low crew cost in the RHS compared to less flexibility on a 5354 pattern and a high fixed cost. Now with the new contract, they have the best of both worlds; they can manage seasonality by measuring the amount of copilots they have on 5354 for a lot less money, 100% FRV and 75% FRV. Now cost is sorted, there's no reason not to employ more experienced crew.
3) With the end of the recession and the start of some significant growth in the next 3-5 years, attrition is likely to rise, which will more than likely lead to a significant loss of crew. Remember a lot of the FO community at eJ are early/mid/late twenties so are more likely to leave for the likes of BA / Emirates which is a bit more career orientated. There is also a large bubble of copilots that joined with 200hrs 2-3 years ago. It leaves a bit of an experience gap for commands in 3 years or so. Getting a variety of crew with more hours balances that a bit.
I'd heard it was also the Regulator that was interested in the pilot demographic but maybe that is BS....

I believe that it is not possible to replace the pilots this recruitment drive aims to recruit, with cadets, and that this is a possible point of leverage for the pilots.

stiglet,

SR71, nobody is forcing anybody into anything. Sleep in your car, live away from home, pay training loans, that is all up to you. You're not going to be handed anything on a plate. If you like what you see join, start contributing and then share in the rewards that you will have contributed to.
Never applied, don't need to, never will.

But before you crow on about my contribution to the thread, it will be obvious from previous contributions, that I take an interest in the T&C's of my colleagues, both those more fortunate than myself and those less fortunate.

It is a sorry state of affairs that your defence amounts to what looks like, "I've done it, so you can do it!" Pathetic. All those pilots joining the profession, for most of history, who accrued proper remuneration & T&C's in the RHS from Day 1...the profession was deluded was it?

I don't think you really mean:

you work for one of the best Employers around at the moment
What you mean is: you experience some of the best T&C's around at the moment. There is a world of difference between the two. There are precious few people on this thread hankering after working for the organisation off the back of whats on offer here.

The actions of the outfit referred to by numerous posters in this thread are not those of an admirable organisation by any stretch of the imagination, whereupon the accolade "best" is seriously misplaced.

Once again, £500 million profit in 12/13, multi-billion £ aircraft orders, handsomely rewarded CEO and one of the worst deals on offer for an experienced pilot!

As for the Senior pilots at EZY seeking kudos for standing by this deal, the honest ones will admit they are playing serious catch-up on this front, attempting to close the gate long after the horse has bolted, so best not to feel too smug.

All IMO of course.