PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA faces lawsuit over pilot's behaviour
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2013, 13:08
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
racedo

Can't speak for the specifics of the incident you describe but:

"Airline staff do not all gather together and randomly turn up at an orphanage with orphanage being unaware of what is happening"

I beg to differ because actually that's almost what does happen on occasions. Someone will have visited orphanage X before in their spare time, maybe on a previous trip. Next time they pitch up for a trip to said destination carrying a bag of goodies gathered from friends, neighbours and other crew members and usually mention that they are planning to visit said orphanage during the trip and asks if anyone wants to tag along to help out. There are usually volunteers

Has BA policies in place to ensure staff are vetted accessing children abroad ?
If not why not
Seeing as I suspect BA crews aren't the only ones helping out at orphanages downroute you'd better demand all airlines put in place suitable vetting...and you need to be aware that by doing so you'd kill of a lot of the practical help that the establishments currently get from airline crew members. IMHO rather than introducing vetting I suspect if pushed BA and other airlines will simply try to ban crewmembers from doing all such work downroute.

Last edited by wiggy; 4th Sep 2013 at 13:17.