PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cambridge Airport expansion
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2013, 07:38
papabravowhiskey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with 01475: I was also on the first flight for a day trip to AMS. Neighbours of ours did not have a clue that there were ANY services from Cambridge. I hope that some marketing has been directed at the businesses in the immediate area as well as the colleges: I suspect that the best chance that the services have is with a less price-sensitive market - our promotional fares were good whereas the normal fares are more business-end - those of a more sensitive budget will inevitably go to STN. Getting to the airport in less than ten minutes from our front door was nice!

Living close to the extended runway centre line (but some distance from the threshold), I have to say that we haven't really noticed the Saab 2000s since Monday, though at the load that it carried on the first morning the aircraft would be quite high before getting to us. Certainly nothing to disturb our neighbours. Mind you, the airport (and the railway line!) was there before our abode was built!

Perhaps if Darwin Airlines did a couple of low-level laps over the city accompanied by a second aircraft taking publicity photos, people might look up and take notice?

PBW

Last edited by papabravowhiskey; 4th Sep 2013 at 07:42.