PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2013, 17:28
Danny42C

Chugalug,

Sorry about your malt - have another one on me !.... You've not heard of that one at the time ? - you'd be 14 years of age, by my calculation ! Tis true: "the past is a different country; they do things differently there" .

Follow that ?...I think I can....will try....D.

jaganpvs,

I'm a bit puzzled, I must have another good look, but I can't find one shot which shows wing bomb racks fitted (there is at least one showing a 4x11½lb practice bomb rack on the R wing, whereas on 110 we always fitted them on the L).

Any 'in action' VV would have racks fitted all the time (as each could reckon to be bombed-up at least once a day). Possibly 8 Sqdn, but doubt it. Still think most came from OTU at Peshawar. In February '44 the Sqdn was certainly in the Arakan. Don't think I was ever at Mambur, though.

All sorts of things jar. Why are they wearing webbing belts and pistols without a shoulder strap ? It's awkward, looks untidy and must be very uncomfortable. And those Sidcot suits - don't remember ever seeing them !

Too long ago !.....D.

MPN11,

Ah, that beautiful pale blue and gold thing lurking somewhere at the back of the bookcase. But way back in '56 we didn't have any, nor any LEOs, nor anything of that sort. You came, fresh from Shawbury. "You're a Controller, aren't you ?.....Read Station Flying Orders and sign.... There's your seat....Get on with it !"

I'm sure they can't have come in before I got to Leeming in '67. Never remember being examined by anybody. Think they must have given me a full house of endorsements honoris causa ....D.

Cheers to you all,

Danny.