PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2013, 16:57
Snowcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I dont work for COPA. I know a lot of people that work or did work for them.
I also did a lot of research about them and I read most of the post here, because I was considering to give them a try.

Pay is very low, numbers have been posted here and I've seen pay stabs from my friends that work and worked for COPA. I've also seen their pilots log book where you can quick figure out that you will work like a dog.

Training is very long and the pay is even less that when you are released in the line.
Dont forget that COPA owners are in the trucking business , so for them you are just a truck driver. Without offending truck drivers but I know about the truck drivers working conditions in South America.

They dont hire NG Captains, if you have some experience in NG's, 767 or 757 chances are that they wont hire you even if you speak Spanish and have experience in South America.
I understand they've been hiring unemployed Spanish pilots and RJ guys from the USA.
Hiring process is for an astronaut, you even have to pass a disgusting lie detector test.
Panamanians are rude, very rude.
The list goes on and on. As I said, It has been explained so many times here.
Guys, at one point you have to believe something of what you read here.

Yeah I know, you still want to give it a try, then go and have fun !!!
Dont forget to tour the Panama Canal, that is the only thing well organized and interesting because it was done by somebody else.