PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XH558 gone tech
Thread: XH558 gone tech
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2013, 10:10
hurn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as Hunters go, for me it doesn't get any better than XE601 in the ripple scheme.

The pure lines of a single seater, a beautiful paint scheme and the best blue note I've heard from a display aircraft of the type.

It's probably colourful enough and authentic enough to keep both the average punter and purists happy. Just a bloody shame it's not displaying in the UK anymore!

With regards to the Vulcan, it's scheme is what it is, and there's not much VttS can do with finances what they are. However I think the recent topside repaint does improve it's looks and gets rid of those odd looking bits on the wings where panels were removed and repainted during restoration.

This is from the FAQ's on the VttS website regarding repaints and sponsors, although at this stage it's not ever going to be an issue that needs addressing.
VTST feels strongly that XH558 should remain in her military colour scheme in recognition of her heritage importance, however if a significant sponsor asked if the colour scheme could be changed then the request would be seriously considered. Re-painting XH558 in a new scheme would be very expensive - estimates are in excess of £400,000 - and we would only agree if there was a commitment to restore XH558 to her original colour scheme at the end of the sponsorship. The Heritage Lottery Fund has indicated that whilst they wish us to maintain XH558 in her military colour scheme, they would permit us to change it as long as the original scheme was restored at a later date.