PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA faces lawsuit over pilot's behaviour
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2013, 09:25
athonite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simon Wood Prior to joining BA had previously had worked as helicopter pilot on North Sea operations and as a freelance pilot on helicopters, including flying very senior politicians in the run up to one general election.

In the early nineties he was a Captain on Viscounts on mail flights between Edinburgh and Coventry, I think the company was British Air Ferries. After that he was a Captain on BAC 1-11 flying out of Edinburgh or Glasgow for a charter airline. After that I think he went to BA.

I was introduced to Simon Wood through a friend, who was a dietician, who worked on the same summer camps for a number of years for diabetic children.Simon would also turn up in a R22 to these summer camps and take both children and adults on pleasure flights

In the time I knew Simon Wood he never really seemed settled, he always seemed to want to change direction, despite being well qualified and experienced, at one stage he wanted to become an instructor at Oxford, and at another stage he considered taking taking up holy Orders. He was as I understand it similar to Jimmy Saville, a Roman catholic and I never was aware he was ever in a relationship with a woman or man.

But like the BBC, I'm not sure how nobody within BA as an organisation never became suspicious.

Last edited by athonite; 3rd Sep 2013 at 09:31.