PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XH558 gone tech
Thread: XH558 gone tech
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2013, 22:52
hurn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know what you mean about Miss D's paintjob but somehow it just really fits in with the whole seaside show thing when it's whizzing around with the sun glinting off it. You can see why they book it for the occasion as it appeals to the average seaside going punter and doesn't really look out of place.

Jonathon puts on such a good display though that it's hard not to enjoy it, and by all accounts he was the highlight on Sunday by putting on a really good extended display to close the show after the Vulcan and Vixen didn't turn up. Have to admit that it would have stood out like a sore thumb in the flypast though, what with the rest all wearing military type schemes.

I fully agree that the Sea Vixen however looks absolutely gorgeous in the current Navy scheme; it should never wear anything else imo. Just wish they'd fly the beggar more often, but it's an expensive beast and pilot availability seems a problem for them. Shame Brian Grant is no longer able to fly it.
I'm in a very lucky position to have still seen it flying multiple times already as it goes in and out of Hurn, but the same can't be said of the Vulcan so my only chance of seeing that this year has sadly gone.

With all the money still needed for VttS to break even this season, a fuel bag to fix and another £400,000 by end of October for an essential wing mod, I'm not all that confident it'll still be flying next year, but I suppose they've been through worse so we'll see.

I'll wager if you win the lottery you'd paint it in the old style camo scheme like this.

Am I right?