PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XH558 gone tech
Thread: XH558 gone tech
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2013, 21:23
WH904

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have thought the Sea Vixen cancellation was as bad as losing the Vulcan. Whilst I have the luxury of having Finningley on my doorstep, the chances of seeing the Vixen are pretty slim in my part of the world. As for the formation flypast, I couldn't help thinking it wouldn't have been anything like as exciting as all the hype that surrounded it. Bearing in mind the distance from the crowd and the loose formation that would have been necessary, I doubt if it would have been all that spectacular in reality!

I suppose one could at least conclude that the flying hours that weren't used on the Vulcan might be valuable for the future, if the plan to fly again next year goes ahead. I just hope the Vixen gets out and about more too!

As for Miss Demeanour, I can't say I've ever been bothered about seeing it. Personally, I can't think of anything more ghastly than a military aircraft painted-up like a circus clown. I used to hate the Sea Vixen in Red Bull colours and I was delighted when it finally re-appeared looking like a Sea Vixen! I'm still not exactly overjoyed at seeing XH558 in her bizarre "one-off" scheme. If I win the Lottery I'll be financing a trip to the paint shop for her!