PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goldair to commence Bendigo-Essendon
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2013, 12:47
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish them well in their adventure.
Having 30 min turn-around times all day might make it interesting.

Melb's hot Nthly's will test a few unseasoned travelers in a 'Bandit'
Routing thru Melb's busy airspace both ways will am sure give them some 'extra' time en-route meaning $$$'s

As has been mentioned the Rd trip (train is the way to go short distance like BDG-ML) is now a lot better & taking into account the 30 mins prior to dep arrival (most will turn up earlier) & the general handling times both ends will mean time wise very little difference. Approx $70 direct costs to drive to ML & back with no taxi/tram/bus fares to consider, mid price fare is over 4 times that. There's a better guarantee that you will arrive by car than A/C as well.
I can just see it now.
Businessman goes down to the Bdg Airport to catch the early flight Friday morning as arranged to close a deal b4 lunch time. He arrives at the airport, nasty thick Fog, nobody is gong anywhere. He's told sorry we can't T/off & we can't guarantee when it will lift & all the flights this morning are fully booked (they wish). Too late for this guy to get back in his car & drive to ML to close that deal, deals done alright, he will never go by plane again to ML.
BDG has a high unemployment demographic population, like Tom Skerritt said in Top Gun...."you made a bad decision":-)

Also I wonder what back up plane/s they have to keep this tight sched.
The Fog Gods love BDG, interesting times ahead & I hope some guys get a few hrs multi crew turbine exp b4 they go under.

Still best of luck to this crowd, they'll need it

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 3rd Sep 2013 at 00:46.