PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2013, 07:28
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mary Mary quite contrary has long since retired to well deserved obscurity, and my souvenir is a pretty FAA Certificate saying I have completed the FAA "Suspected Unapproved Parts Identification" course.

She would have fitted a job in the present CASA to a T, she thought she had found a vast criminal conspiracy, and career wise, it was going to carry her to a job as Secretary of DoT. Didn't happen, wrong boat.

Re. NZ, I did not mean to disparage their aviation efforts, the "overseas expert", politically, will be unlikely to be found in NZ.

An aviation act along the NZ line, and a set of regulations very close their "rules" would do very nicely, thanks --- but the changes would be to simplify them further, and weed out a few local NZ peculiarities. ie: type ratings, go with the FAA. Likewise, FAA VFR, which would mean, more or less, reverting to the VFR we used to have before CASA cocked up Class D --- GAAP was so near as made no difference to FAA D as made no difference. A case of mindless application of ICAO in Australia, but only when it disadvantages local aviation.

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 2nd Sep 2013 at 07:33.