PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 1st Sep 2013, 19:29
dakarman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspect you would find with regards to more advance HUET courses a strong reluctance. This may not be due to people not wanting to learn to do it but much more likely the human nature in not wanting it to happen / think it can happen to them (i.e. an accident) and therefore there would be no need to train for it.

If you ask most bears I suspect you would get the answer that the HUET even as it stands is something to be gotten over with as infrequently and quickly as possible. Partially due to the fact its unpleasant and maybe subconsciously it reminds people accidents can happen. I realise this may seem a bit contradictory and hope I am not misrepresenting the opinions of other by too much.

I realise this discussion is regarding safety but I think if you look at human nature my previous comments regarding cabin comfort in the minds of most folk who don't want to think about an accident, that would probably have a greater influence.

With regards the full 19 dunker, I suspect this would be very useful for research etc but please don't invite me to get on it.

Finally can the people pod have rockets and lasers please? No idea why but it should.