PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK increasing USA destinations
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2013, 13:02
pilotday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Payscale, be a good little EK pilot and brief the required area communication briefing requirements. Make yourself familiar with the differences in the vast EK network. (oh my god, i sound australian)

Every time I go to U.K. I study the briefing requirements on radio communication which is different than Australia.

Every time I go to Australia, I review the briefing requirements of radio communications with is different than Africa.

Every time I go to Africa, I brief myself on radio communication procedures with is different than India.

And as always, I review American radio communication procedures as I am supposed to. No where in the OMA it requires me to bitch and complain about America when I have a hard time keeping up with the busiest airspace in the world. It only takes practice.

http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publi...M/aim0402.html

I've rarely heard a clearance be given anything different to the US STANDARD above, from ATC. Some old crusty US guys read it back in slang, but I don't agree with it...Do I lose sleep over it, no. But next time you hear it, you should tell him he is not following the above document in regards to US STANDARD ATC communications. Make sure you tell me the date and time so I can pull the tape on liveatc.com and put it on youtube.

I'd much rather hear slang than foreign language spoken in India, Saudi, France, even Germany. ohhhhh the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!