PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAA reduce fuel costs for members
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2013, 23:19
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very few hangars are insured for the storage of fuel, other than that contained in aircraft tanks, and neither are domestic garages, in case anyone thinks of keeping it at home.
That's what I'm getting at! it is actually illegal to store more than, IIRC, ~40 litres, split between not more than two approved containers, each of a max. capacity.......ZZZZZZZ.

That applies under the Petroleum spirit licensing regs.....even my cellulose and thinner was legislated and had to be in an approved storeand a max. quantity applied.....that was a commercial motor trade premises with underground tanks,3 petrol pumps and one diesel....even the type, size and volume of customer's cans was regulated.
Next time you fuel your road-vehicle, make a point of reading the instructions on the pump, re-filling a container.

Although the regulations are widely flouted, a licensing officer "could" shut down a premises....not good if you've got £50,000 sitting down the hole

Hence my curiosity as to there being a dispensation for avgas to avoid the regs.