PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 31st Aug 2013, 20:31
Special 25

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks

Many thanks to DakarMan and TheLearner for posting some straight forward and honest feelings from the offshore world. Makes a nice change after some of the comments made in the media and on this and other forums.

SP cabin cramped - agreed.

EC225 I would think would give the best evacuation options for any offshore helicopters with two jettison-able main cabin doors and each window physically big enough for someone of my size to get through.

I've never been a fan of the S92 cabin from an evacuation point of view, but accept that it is a much more passenger friendly environment. Not quite as good as the S61 however!

Bearing in mind a Boeing 737 has 130 passengers and 8 exits (sometimes 6).

All aircraft are tested to ensure that their evacuation procedures meet the minimum requirements, although these tests are impossible to simulate accurately with volunteers in lab conditions. The best test I ever saw was where they offered diminishing cash incentives for the first passengers getting out.

Also, worked in Norway and the UK. Not familiar with that many differences. Both sides of the North Sea operate very professionally in my opinion.