PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 7192 D3
Thread: 7192 D3
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2003, 15:49
FEBA

Road to Somewhere

FG
There have been many a sagacious comment from an old captain, one I remember overhearing and directed at a junior F/O " Just remember that you are my sexual advisor; when I want your F****** advice I'll ask for it"
I, like yourself, am a keen advocate for the recognition of the importance of an airline operations officer and the best way of achieving this recognition is by legislating the standards required by an aviation authority in a similar manner to that of the FAA. I confess to thinking that the 7192D3 syllabus and the course offered by GCNS was a step in just that direction, at last a validation of our efforts. The course material, when it arrived, was woefully poor and I discussed this with my colleagues and management and the course notes were reprinted redistributed along with a whole raft of amendments. It still wasn't much good was it.
What disappoints me is that the quality of the course work gave vent to the doubters and sceptics who have chosen to question the purpose and the motive of much of the subject matter. I wonder if the sheer weight and complexity of the material is beyond the ability of some of the enrolled, I hope that not to be true because if it is and the subject material was diluted then we'd all be going down the same route as the government did with the A levels.
Further disappointment is that I recognise that some individuals have put in an enormous personal effort into getting this course going. The ingratitude that is a plenty in this thread directed at poor old No Sig has made me angry which is why I could stay silent no longer.
FG
The clause in JAROPS 1.205 makes a mockery of the 7192 syllabus and dashes continuity and standardisation against the rocks. It is of paramount importance, and I reiterate, that we need sensible suggestions here as to the way forward. Quit the college bashing now, lets all get together as one united front get the course material improved into something far more professional than it is (we shouldn't rule out a different provider). To this end we should all stop studying and insist that the problems are rectified to our satisfaction before we are prepared to start again. May be it would be helpful to put a time frame around this, but above all recognise the mutual benefits that 7192D3 will bring to us and our employers. CARPE DIEM