PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 31st Aug 2013, 17:14
pumaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAS I here what you say and you were right in the old days there was less in the back due to power restrictions.

If escape window's are an issue with the AS332L2 could EC not be approached and re-design the L2 cabin windows and make them as the EC225 cabin window's and doors thus making feel more safer for the guy's in the back, just a thought !!

Another point that needs to be addressed since you bring up safety is the HUET training :

In this thread there has been points raised when an a/c enters the water at speed a number of offshore workers would be unprepaired for a quick evacuation and there has been points raised at when the HUET enters the water it is at a slower speed but then makes it unrealistic for the people in the back, but still find it difficult to escape the HUET.

Do you not think then stricter rules need to be applied so when the HUET does enters the water it enters at a speed a little more aggresive so when it does happen in real life the people in the back would be more prepaired, after all in real life you only get one chance but in training there chances to get it right and divers to help you get out.

This maybe why offshore workers don't have the faithe in the transport that is provided to them to get them to work and nothing to do with the equipment that is being used to transport the offshore workers but are using the equipment as an argument.

I would like to hear others opinion's on this topic it is an important issue I think needs to be addressed so the guy's in the back are more comfortable travelling to work and feel safeafter all 4 people did not make it out safe in the last accident.

SAS you are 100% right safety is an issue then it needs to be addressed so everybody feels safer.l

Last edited by pumaboy; 31st Aug 2013 at 17:35.