PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2013, 11:44
EI-A330-300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racedo - an excellent post.

I just have to say that some of the posts are so stupid recently. Things like SNN being debt free etc. Aer Rianta International propped up DUB, ORK & SNN for years and was a SNN Company until taken away recently. Posters on this forum should state facts and not hearsay!!! Can the donkeys here who posted, post, how much on those outside DUB have paid in actual taxes to keep DUB going?
Airlines like Aer Lingus, United (SNN is more profitable that EWR- DUBl ), DL etc are making $ in SNN.
If SNN were to be given $1bn to waste of tax payers money like DUB were then I think SNN would make a go of it much better. T2 is a farce, paid by mostly people outside the DUB area. Typical uneducated design whereby if you need to go from A- B you much travel via X, Y & Z and that is without being a connecting passenger.
ORK and SNN have been burdened by DUB long enough so get over it. We propped up the Shamrock carrier for long enough so that it could fly the cronies out of DUB.
Speaking of propping up airports, the DAA have being propping up SNN and ORK for a long time. That is a drain on the taxpayer, DUB is profitable and not loss making.

No point in taking about if and or but, the simple fact is Shannon will NEVER need 1 billion to expand. I would bet a larger terminal at the airport will NEVER be needed.

Its not ORK and SNN being burdened by DUB but the other way round.

DUB should be sold so there would be no political interference but the Government to keep SN and other airports happy. I only wish the EU/IMF told the Gov the state assets they had to sell and not left the choice up to them. If only they had to sell DUB, would be the best decision ever. At least ORK are paying their debit down.

As for United and Delta being very profitable from SNN, that's very easy when you operate B757's and Delta. What it does show is larger than B757 isn't profitable form SNN as we can see with EI dropping the A330 for B757.

DAA would only be delighted to get rid of ORK and SNN and they have with SNN, hopefully ORK will go in a few years.

Now if you want to talk about peoples taxes, then SNN catchment area is the highest or second highest unemployment rate in Ireland while Dublin is the lowest. It's more a case of use paying for people to fly from SNN. Anyway better leave the East/West tax issue before the Mods have something to say about it.

Last edited by EI-A330-300; 31st Aug 2013 at 11:47.