PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 31st Aug 2013, 08:12
bigglesbutler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pax numbers in the aircraft is controlled by the oil companies to get maximum bang for their buck. EC and operators are merely supplying for the demand of the client. Those of you wanting more room in the back (passengers) go talk to the oil companies as we can rearrange the seats as required, within reason so no lazyboys I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by jonseagull
After years away from the North Sea I renewed my IRH. Having briefed for a CDFA NDB, because of current FW training,I was told in no uncertain terms to fly a dive and drive.
As I understand it and apply we generally fly a CDFA to be at MDH shortly before decision point, giving best chance of getting in combined with controlled and safe descent to that point.

Lastly but not least:

Originally Posted by roundwego
Quote:
For Bristow, we requested a similar setup to the 332L, where you get the "soft" warning light /caption on descending below the 1st bug, and the harder "check height" on descending below the second.
Did you get it HC?
yes we did, we get a large "DH" come up in the centre of the artificial horizon before the second bug sets off the "CHECK HEIGHT".

Almost forgot to say, thank heavens for the edit function, spot on DB I have friends who work offshore and disparaging them has been getting my back up too.

Si

Last edited by bigglesbutler; 31st Aug 2013 at 08:20.