PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This Disgusts Me! - Heathrow emergency: Nine passengers sue
Old 31st Aug 2013, 06:00
MonsieurMalchance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However - the fact that passengers and greedy lawyers are sueing does not rectify this!!! I believe, and please correct me if I am wrong, as I am just SLF, the fact that an incident has occured, a recommendation will be made by the powers that be!

I do believe that the greedy are just taking a punt at winning some compensation! As I said, maybe that is just me being more chilled with aviation - but I would have the same view with the railways, underground or any other form of transport!
Pretty narrow view of things. Can you not concede that not everyone is going to be able to brush off turning left, looking out a window and seeing a flaming engine on the plane they are traveling in? Maybe if you can concede that then you can accept that it could be enough to put someone off flying entirely?

So what if that person needs to fly for work? Or visit family abroad? Or has any other need to fly that can't be dealt with by another form of transport?

If someone loses, or has to give up a job because of this entirely avoidable incident then shouldn't that person be compensated? If a person has to incur extra expense to travel by ship rather than fly due to a fear of flight induced by this entirely avoidable incident then shouldn't that person be compensated?

I'm not saying everyone involved in the action has a genuine claim, but I doubt they are all trying it on either.