PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Metropolitan University
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2003, 14:15
Chintito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LMU

Ive just finished first phase at LMU's and so far the verdict is could do better.

The new notes are quite comprehensive and overall cover the syllabus well. A point to note however is how some of the instructors cover the contents. In general the teaching methods of some of the teachers are excellent i found for someone who likes things in noddy language, but the approhaces of a few leave a lot to be desired.

the feedback was good and teachers are genuinely interested in students performances which is a good motivation sometimes.

The folks at guildhall do emphasise that they teach beyond what is necessary. Something some might find a put off, but personally i've found that ive been able to retain alot of knowledge imparted through the lectures that i feel very good about knowing.

having the course spread out in three phases helps a lot ive found. Its an experiment that theyve recently introduced and last i heard nearly all the folks who sat the second phase last month passed all their subjects.

To pass the exams there are more expensive places you can go where you'd no doubt get a better quality product but if your purse strings are a little tight then id definately recommend LMU as you get so much more than what you pay for.

best of luck