PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 30th Aug 2013, 21:22
Colibri49

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ye Olde Pilot "the flight deck crew who have not had the decency to emerge with their lives intact but concerned about careers".

I take great exception to this statement. It is no better than all those who jumped to the conclusion that the Super Pumas should be destroyed, without a shred of evidence that there was a technical cause of the accident.

One of the crew lies in hospital with a broken back and the other was at home, initially in no fit state to speak. Furthermore they would have been well advised not to say anything initially in the aftermath, without having legal representation.

Where do you think that all the agencies involved got the clear idea from, only a few days after the tragedy, that it could have been human error? Only one possibility exists vis. that at least one of them has now elected to talk probably at almost the earliest opportunity, given the inevitable delays due to weather and investigators arriving, etc. Not to mention having to wait for properly appointed legal representatives to arrive.

Even though they won't yet have had an opportunity to comment on the evidence contained in the CVFDR, at least one of them has almost certainly spoken in spite of knowing that their North Sea helicopter careers are probably over.

On behalf of my colleagues in all three helicopter companies who are deeply cognisant of the grief being experienced by the bereaved, I ask you to retract your unfounded accusation.