PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News of NEO
Thread: News of NEO
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2013, 20:31
Nigerian Expat Outlaw

Nigerian In Law

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
The Long & Winding Road

Well, it looks as though the end is nigh; the end of this hellish journey that is. Two days ago I was told by my consultant that far as he is concerned I'm in remission.

I'm slowly gaining weight and strength, the "food list" is getting shorter (that's the list of things that give me a reaction, ie puking and/or s**ting through the eye of a needle), so all in all things are on the up and up.

I now have to wait for the MDC (multi disciplinary committee) to formally endorse the consultants conclusion. Once that is sorted it'll be back to work. Believe it or not, and I never thought I'd ever say it, I can't wait ! Just the ability to move on, make plans and get on with life, albeit with a radically changed outlook and perspective, is something very valuable to me now.

To all those who stayed in touch, whether once, occasionally or many times with messages of support and encouragement, I offer my lifelong (literally) gratitude and loyalty. To those who dropped me like a stone for whatever reason, thank you for making my Xmas card list so much shorter and cheaper.

All the best to all Rotorheads.

NEO