PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 30th Aug 2013, 13:10
derek_j_spence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I must say there is a lot of good discussion on here and not so much bickering as on certain FB pages i have been following.
Been on PPRuNe for years but haven't posted in over 10, felt compelled to do so today.
I am now an offshore worker (gave up my pilot dreams in 2001) and currently sitting out on the WilHunter.
What comes across as knee jerk from a lot of posts on FB is a lack of understanding and transparency about the incident last friday.
Any time we get a minute on the rig, all that is being discussed is the SP situation and a lot of varied opinions on the subject. What I must say is that most (but not all) guys/girls are saying they dont want to fly SP. Some say "ever again", some say "unless we hear the report", some just nod heads.
For me, I have never had an issue with the SP but have started to question my position on this.
The Eurocopter spokesman was very vague in his statement but, at the same time, very confident that it wasn't mechanical.
I am writing here to see what you, the guys in the driving seats, the guys in the hangers, think to the statement.
Obviously, the data recorders need to be analysed before a lot of the investigation can be done so not asking for hypothesis but what are the facts on this.
Thank you in advance for any/all replies.

PS. I read this back and dont think I wrote anything that would cause offense. If you disagree, please accept my apologies as none has been intended.