PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 30th Aug 2013, 09:51
EESDL

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
C53204
That's one of the more useful purposes for this forum.
For someone to come out with such a statement is commendable.
2-way comms and all that - it is only a perception after so:
Do companies spend money on pr to convince our pax that our licences and extensive training are valid, or,
Do we dismiss the sweeping comment as another ignorant statement from a Facebook Ranter (if you get my drift?)

We would all like more training but there comes a point when increased training loses out v experience and flying the line.

We've recently recruited some low-time pilots and I have been very impressed with the hours our training department have thrown at the co-jocks, both in the aircraft and down at the sim. Myself included as my mil & civ experience had not included sufficient time in a credible sim and not just a box with lights! I have witnessed remarkably different levels of what is acceptable with other jaa/easa companies so perhaps the passengers are more astute than the drivers think?

It amazes me what some national caa departments pass as credible training levels.
Thanks again c53204 for mentioning this but please try to use a narrower brush next time as I'm kind of proud of our training department but understand your perception in a atmosphere where everything seems to suffer due to Mr Accountant.

Last edited by EESDL; 30th Aug 2013 at 09:55.