PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2013, 07:53
Gordomac

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
RBM & IB, greetings. Just when I thought I had got over it, your posts have me heading for the Jack & Coke already ! I only did 17 years but was ignored by the rotters (my so-called Bosses) who had red faces, were all in "meetings" & the complete twerp in HR who had me waiting outside his Office for three hours while deciding if - pay in lieu of notice - was legal ! I left but told his equally inept Secretary that I would return next morning at 9.am with TWO lawyers & expected my pink piece of paper to be signed. It was. What a nasty taste in the mouth we left with when in simplicity, it could have been so much better. It's called "Management". A talent they never had & never will.

Way back in BA on the tripot, last flight for a terrific Skipper, we were met by the CEO ! He called the Captain, er, Captain. Captain called him "Mr Chairman". All the crew lined up to greet Mr Chairman & waved goodbye as the Captain was whisked off to the Board-room for all sorts of goodies. We went off to the Vanners for a few drinks before heading off home. Now, THAT is class.

Damn, I even had to buy my own Retirement watch after being stitched up & booted out of GF ! Got to play drums at the Rock'N'Zee on my last night though !

But, forget all the inept, incompetent wasters (pardon the pun). Were it not for WASTA they would never had made it into the lefthand seat of a cherokee ! Look back at the good times we had on the Line . Fills me with pride & joy. Vindicates my reasoning for never going anywhere near the Pink Palace unless I had to ( usually for a dressing down by RBM.).

Was "My Airline my Country" the Burk with a Golden Falcon Tatooed on his posterior ? - ( no really, there was such a chap-I am told !) ! Think only of the good times. The bad thoughts will give you ulcers ! Cheers good people.