PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 29th Aug 2013, 13:35
26500lbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if the Pilots are smart and BALPA members....they will already have Lawyers and have made any statement only after being advised by those Lawyers.

They can count upon being sued by the families of the four passengers that were killed and also by the survivors too.....thus they need to be very judicious about what they say to the AAIB and everyone else.

I can assure you when it comes to going to Court....the Lawyers representing CHC are not representing the Pilots.
Unfortunately this is bang on the money. If any here are ever in the unfortunate position of being involved in a accident/incident, it would be most prudent to ensure that the very first person you speak to after getting your voice back is the union representative and then an appointed lawyer after that. Only after those two have been consulted should one engage in the rest of the chat. As has been mentioned already, memory is an unreliable tool and very malleable when folks are looking for someone to blame. If I were in their shoes right now, with all the uncertainty, confusion and stress of the aftermath, I would not be saying a huge amount until the CVR/FDR are examined. A few vague memories from the heat of the very stressful moment without the full picture can really only be inaccurate at best and will do little to help build an accurate picture of events. The AAIB will expect as much and probably not expect too much from the crew at this point anyway, hence the wording of the release. It neither conforms nor denies any rumors or theories and so far in no way implicates CFIT or technical failure. Do not try to read between the lines on this one. Yes the wording is carefully chosen, but does not implicate. They just don’t know yet, and until the recovery of the FDR, probably wont be able to release any more info either. All in time.