PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia: A-321 210kts at 3.8nms ......
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2013, 12:56
stator vane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let's acknowledge each other's experience...

we, in many ways are the result of our environment. we could not choose the era in which we started flying.

i perhaps am in between the dinosaur and magenta category; more correctly, a dinosaur who flies the NG aircraft. both eras have their good points and weak spots.

i can read a post from some one like blind pew and fully respect the abilities that were tested in the fire, and learned from the old school of flying and fully accept the fact that i would struggle in those situations. but rather than taking it personal, i take it on, admire the skills that were required then, do a bit of reading and review and put them in the back burner for when all the compooters might fail.

i can equally respect the younger generation and the way they are required to fly.

it is sad that it does seem to be human nature for the old to scoff at the young and the young to scoff at the old. both can be equally right about the required method of flying in their respective eras.

i think that younger pilots have much to learn from the old school pilots and old pilots have a few things to learn from the young.

respect