PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 29th Aug 2013, 12:31
SASless

Received 515 Likes on 215 Posts
My take on the AAIB report differs from most of you. I read "the aircraft was intact and upright when it hit the water" to mean just that and nothing more.

They mention the aircraft was severely damaged by the bashing it got while washing up against the shoreline Rocks.

The mention of the "decrease in speed and increase in Rate of Descent" means just that and nothing more.

They offer no explanations of any kind as to the cause, likely cause, or line of thought about the cause of the crash.

The PR is absolutely neutral in my view and very carefully written to convey only that information they can safely provide without entering into speculative language.

HC,

There is no evidence of any kind at this point to describe what kind of impact the aircraft experienced upon entering the water.....but the PR Release does clearly state the aircraft experience lots of damage while being pounded against the Rocks by the surf.

Folks,

We are no closer to knowing the actual cause(s) of the accident so anything said about a cause remains pure speculation.

I do tire of VRS always being the imagined cause.....that drum needs far less beating....as the empty drum makes the most noise.